Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Booting Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 commonfactor

commonfactor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:17 PM

Hello all. I'm in need of some help, to get my desktop running. I recently lost power right as my computer was shutting down for the night. As a result, I can't get it to start.

The computer will turn on fine, will get to one screen where it has a loading bar going across the lower half of the screen. What USUALLY happens from there, is the Windows logo pops up, glows, and it prompts me to sign into the Vista user account I want to use. But since this started, it won't get to the Windows logo; it just goes to a black screen and stays there.

From what I've gathered, and asked folks, the OS got corrupted and I need my startup disks, correct?

Assuming this is right, I'll move on to the next issue. I was following the guide on this site, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/ , But my computer never gives me the option to load the Startup Repair. Since putting the disk into my computer, it will, slowly, give me the Windows logo I mentioned, but stops after I select the user account. It has a moving loading bar, but nothing is actually happening.

Where am I going wrong?

Thank you for your help, in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:31 PM

It looks like you're not booting from the CD.
What CD is it?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users