Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

beep-only audio... please help.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nopebook

nopebook

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:47 AM

i'm not very lucky with computer...
i had a re-format and now i can't hear my music. the only thing i can hear is a sound like beep and that's it.

i tried to go dxdiag and i found nothing under sound tab
i went to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Information > Components and i also found nothing under Sound Device

i read that one has to install the driver but the problem is i can't find the cd (well to be honest, i actually don't remember if i received a cd several years ago or not...)

how can i fix the problem?

please help solve this problem. i feel like deaf if i don't hear music...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:11 AM

hello...
I believe your audio driver has not been installed...
could you provide more information about your computer specs???

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:31 AM

From one of your previous topics I see that you have a Intel D845PESV motherboard.

The Intel support site has a download to automatically detect and update drivers and software. I've not had the occasion to try this, but it looks like it may provide you with the drivers you need. You can also manually set up the download for your drivers from this site as well.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highl...boards/d845pesv

To see if you have any native drivers you can go to the Device Manager, (Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Device Manager.) and scroll down to Sound, video and game controllers. Click on the + in the box to the left to expand the tree. If you right click and then click on Properties a page will open with a box titled Device Status, it should read This device is working properly.

That motherboard has integrated audio, so in the tree there should be some listing of this.

Edited by dc3, 13 September 2010 - 11:45 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 nopebook

nopebook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:17 PM

@abauw
yes, you are correct. it seemed that i don't have the driver installed.
thanks for the effort :thumbsup:

@dc3
indeed, i have Intel D845PESV mobo and thank you for your time and advice (it works and i have the sound now :flowers: )

case solved.

Edited by nopebook, 13 September 2010 - 11:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users