Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Software to Copy Files to DVD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 naturefreak

naturefreak

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

I have Windows XP media center edition v 5.1. The only way I've found to copy a file from my hard drive to a DVD is by using the "Sonic" burning software that came with my PC, but this annoyingly results in the copied files on the DVD being write-protected (even though the originial files on the hard drive were NOT write-protected). There appears to be no way to change this.

I've searched high and low on my PC for another way to simply copy fies to a DVD without any luck. Is there any other way to copy files from the hard drive to DVD without them becoming write-protected? Does anyone know of some simple free-ware or other software I could download that would do this? It seems like such a dead-smple basic thing, but my PC can't seem to do it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:07 AM

What exactly do you mean write protected ?
Do you want to edit and save a file right back to the DVD using regular programs like MS Word? This is not possible, not even on DVD-RW.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,253 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:45 AM

If you are referring to using a DVD in the same way that some use CDRs...in the same way that some of us formarly used floppies...the choice of software determines if that is possible.

Such software employ packet-writing, an example is InCD, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InCD.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users