Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Admin password problem.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Poor Richie

Poor Richie

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:15 AM

Good Morning and thanks for looking at my post.

A while back i wanted to keep my SO out of my info while still letting her use the laptop, so i decided in all my wisdom :thumbsup: , to create two users, making myself the administrator. It was very late and i was a bit distracted and i have never been able to remember my password since. This was about 6 months ago. I can still access the computer through her account but obviously can not do, change, or update anything.
It is an older HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook PC that is over 5yo. Other than the problem mentioned it runs perfect for such an antique and i don't need much capability as unfortunately I only know enough to use computers for the most basic of tasks. Is there anything i can do. If I left out any important details please let me know so I can fill in the gaps.
A local "EXPERT" recommended that before i pay him $250-$350 to attempt to fix it that i could try a simple fix by removing the battery for a few hours...I tried...didn't work.
Any help at all would be appreciated as i have no idea what do do next. Thank You
PR

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,882 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:21 AM

Sorry. but there's really nothing that can be done here to assist you in overcoming a system password.

Such is a security measure.

From the forum rules, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php:

"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."

This thread is now closed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users