Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unsteady internet connection after removing malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 realmaniac

realmaniac

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:29 AM

hey^^

i had a virus on my pc which showed me some fake antivir popups, sended links via msn and stuff. so i removed it with superantispyware and did a complete scan with antivir and removed the whole bunch.

i did another scan with both programs and didnt find any of it again.

unfortunately since that happened, my internet connection is screwed. it shows that i have excellent connection to my linksys router, and the internet company tells me that everything is fine from their side. it's mostly the scenario that i log in, try to access some internet sites, connect to msn and mostly it doesnt work at all, resp. super slow.

i'm pretty sure it's a problem with the client, as i can access the internet without any problems with other devices.

so now i'm thinking about just format my hd and reinstall everything, which sucks ldo.

any help?

thanks alot and sorry for my newbish description and bad english^^

Edited by hamluis, 13 September 2010 - 09:57 AM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 realmaniac

realmaniac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:58 AM

any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users