Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No USB Audio CODEC no matter what I do.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lt_dan

lt_dan

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:39 PM

Hi.

Bought a new Behringer mixer with a USB output. Plugged it in, and, as always happens, I get this message:

Posted Image

(This happened before with a Logitech headset...Logitech's tech support was of zero help, as per usual.)

No matter how many times I search for this driver, no matter how many times CNET and Microsoft and Behringer point me to things to download and I run them, whatever the hell this thing is will not install.

Now, I'm not asking it to run some alien software or something some guy made in his basement in Omaha. This is all stuff from reputable sources and whatever the hell this thing is will not install no matter what I do. No matter how many times I run setup. No matter how many times I search for this one seemingly small thing, it's not happening.

Sound goes into (and presumably out of) the mixer, but not into the computer (which was the whole point of buying a mixer with a USB output).

I am beyond frustrated. I simply cannot understand how manufacturers can make something that will not work.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on an Acer that I bought 10 months ago. If there's anybody who has any idea how to put a solution in fairly plain English, I'd be greatly appreciative.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lt_dan

lt_dan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

Tried plugging it into different USB ports, no dice.

Tried running the supposed driver program that is on the CD that came with the mixer.

Posted Image

Now, you'd expect something that said it was the Behringer audio driver to actually be the correct driver, yes? Yet I've run it now three times, rebooted every time, and every time I get

Posted Image

With these details:

Posted Image

So it's all ready to use! Except for the freaking driver. Which is no small detail.

Edited by lt_dan, 12 September 2010 - 07:55 PM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,882 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:25 PM

Well...the fact that it won't install...IMO, could mean that there are no Win 7 64-bit drivers for it.

I'd think that a visit to the Behringer website would be in order.

Louis

#4 lt_dan

lt_dan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

I did do that, thank you, Louis. What I downloaded didn't work, either. And then I sent an email to their tech support people that they were supposed to answer within one business day. They haven't yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users