Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to setup your own wireless network connection for your laptop?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rukikki

rukikki

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:25 PM

I own a pc that's connected to a dsl (westell) to the internet. I have been using a public connection for my Satellite TOSHIBA laptop. But, today I cleaned behind the pc (there was a lot of dust and spiders. D:) &When I wanted to uses the public connection to the internet for my laptop, it wasn't there to connect to. What happened to it? I checked my dsl to see if I accidentally unplugged anything, but nothing! All the green lights show up on the dsl. The internet for my pc works good, but I can't seem to find a connection to my laptop.

So, I wondered itsn't it better to create a connection with password to the internet instead of using a public one? &how can I get internet on my laptop?

*sorry if alot of it was confusing, am no that good with networks and connections to the internet. So, please ask questions about it!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,021 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:30 AM

You say, "cleaning dust,...." and "public connection". Do you use a wireless public connection as an alternative to you DSL? This description might not be part of what you have and use, but if you go on internet publicly to a wireless signal, did you alter the position of the internet button on the computer when you did your physical cleaning of the dust and spider webs? Check for the orange lamp indicator for internet on the computer; if you do not see the orange lamp lighted, then change the position of the internet switch and see if the lamp lights. (maybe not the right suggestion, because this switch and lamp are probably on the front, not the back).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users