Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netflix streaming movie stops to reload every 12 min

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Astrovel

Astrovel

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:21 PM

Does anybody else have a problem with viewing a Netflix movie through the computer on the TV? I have a cable with audio on both ends so nothing is wireless.

The movie starts loading and starts OK but 12 minutes into the movie, it stops and says "Your internet connection has slowed. We are adjusting the play rate to prevent further interruptions" Then the movie starts again and plays 12 minutes, then the same message pops up and takes about 5 to 7 minutes to reload. This continues throughout the whole movie. It is so irritating. It is just like having 10 minutes of regular network movie and 15 minutes of commercials. :thumbsup:

I heard that it is a Netflix problem, that you used to be able to view the movie on the Media player where you could load the entire movie then watch it without interruption. Now that Microsoft Silverlight is required to play Netflix movies, they won't let the entire movie load, they only let segments at a time load. If this is true it sucks!

Then I heard that if you change the bit rate on the download, it will help to make it "flow" better. Didn't say what to change the bit rate to.

I hope someone can help with some suggestions on how I can watch a Netflix streaming movie without it stopping every 12 minutes. :flowers:
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users