Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot ERROR

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 v6nce

v6nce

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

Can someone help me make sense of the following please.
Pheonix TrustedCore ™ NB

System BIOS Version: V2.00
Bus:06, Device :02, Function:00
ERROR
Resourse Conflict -PCI in slot 3
Bus:06, Device :02, Function:00
ERROR
Bus:06, Device :04, Function:01

Then repeats function:01, 02, 03

Press <F1> to resume

pressing F1 results in a good boot with everything working as it should as far as I can tell.

Acer Aspire 5100 winxp mce sp3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

Stating the obvious, this is your BIOS.

Is you clock displaying the correct time?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 v6nce

v6nce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

Thankyou yes I realise its the bios but thats about all I understood the clock is fine but what I was trying to ask was what do I do about the errors and how do I identify the problem device/instruction?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:51 PM

Is this your Acer laptop?

If you can find it...you might consider replacing the CMOS/RTC battery...it may be the problem (as suggested by dc3 when he asked about your system clock/time).

Louis

#5 v6nce

v6nce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

Hmmm thank you Louis
I am not sure that will be the answer, just a gut feeling but yes it is my laptop and I dont have a clue where the cmos battery would be hiding and as said the clock is fine, however the main battery is so Kuput I have to run between plug sockets if I move up or down stairs so I will bear this in mind I have a new keyboard to fit at some point too so then would be a good time to replace it anyway it has worked pretty much 24/7 for the last 4 years.
I've had this boot problem for a few weeks but I have bigger problems from a virus right now.
Your advice and time greatly appreciated.
Vince (An Old Dog but a receptive one who embraces change but usually moans about it anyway)

Edited by v6nce, 14 September 2010 - 03:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users