Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:03 PM
Configuring your computer's Ethernet adapter
1. From the Start menu, click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Network Connections.
3. Right-click the Local Area Connection icon, and then choose Properties.
4. On the General tab, highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click Properties.
5. Choose Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain a DNS server address automatically.
6. Click OK.
7. Uncheck the File and Printer sharing for Microsoft Networks check box. Doing so will configure your computer so that no one can browse the contents of your computer over the campus network.
8. Click the Advanced tab.
9. In the Windows Firewall section, click Settings, and then choose On (Recommended).
10. Click OK.
11. In the Internet Connection Sharingsection, uncheck the Allow other users to connect through this computer's Internet connection check box if it's not already. (Note: Most desktop computer users will not see this setting.)
12. Click OK to save the settings.
Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life. You never know when one will leave you.