Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Broadband Makes the Computer Stuck ?!?!?!?!?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scorsese

Scorsese

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

I recently bought a mobile USB Broadband. After I use it for few hours or leave it to download over night, the computer gets stuck, or should I say the OS (Windows 7 Ultimate) gets stuck and I have to reboot. Any idea why or how to avoid it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:26 PM

Yes go into your power options and set it so that your computer's hard drive never sleeps and make sure that the machine never runs low on power(If it is a laptop).

I use to have a usb network adapter also, and it always gave me the same problems. if it is a laptop always make sure it has more then 30% power on the battery or the OS might shut down the network adapter. and make sure if you are going to do something and leave the computer untouched you should adjust the power settings so the hard drive never turns off.

Everytime my computer went to sleep and I woke it up I always had a problem with the usb adapter.

#3 Scorsese

Scorsese
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:39 PM

I'll try, but the problem happened once while I was using the laptop. Actually I just rebooted the computer because I got a blue screen!

Some times I'd leave to download for 2-3 hours and nothing happens, so I don't the hard drive got anything to do with it.

But will try.

#4 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:45 PM

By any chance did you get any of the information that the blue screen was showing, and if so can you post the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users