Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JWho

JWho

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:28 PM

Ok i got this blue screen:

Posted Image

I attempted to reformat windows xp professional. After the roboot while in the middle of downloading the drivers for the mice and keyboard the computer restarts or blue screen pops up again. I went to a store and bought a new hard drive thinking it would fix the problem but it didn't.

I want to know how to fix this problem without buying a whole new computer, if i could just replace one part of the computer that would be great. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:42 PM

Welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

I think in your post above you mentioned during the updates for mouse and keyboard...where are you getting these updates from?

Windows drivers are not always the best recommended drivers, specially the ones that might be offered during the installation of windows.

Sometimes it is better to skip those altogether and continue with the installation.

Then install any drivers you need directly from your hardware vendor, in most cases however, sticking with the generic drivers works quite well.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 JWho

JWho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:06 AM

That didn't work same thing still happense. Is there any part of the computer I could switch to make it all better?

Edited by JWho, 13 September 2010 - 02:14 AM.

#4 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:30 AM

hello...
could you tell your computer specs???
and does your computer could boot to desktop (normal or safe mode)???

nvatabus.sys is one file of nvidia driver...
if you could boot to desktop...please locate what device driver that use nvatabus.sys??? if you could find it...please uninstall that driver and install a new driver...

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#5 JWho

JWho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:02 AM

I have a:
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive
GeForce 8800
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor 2.6GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor ADA5200CSBOX

if i open in safe mode it doesnt seem to restart but while in normal im not able to do anything keeps restarting.

Edited by JWho, 13 September 2010 - 07:04 AM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:15 AM

I'd try uninstalling...then reinstalling...the chipset drivers.

I'd also run the appropriate diagnostic on the hard drive.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users