Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Same 'virus' appeared on 3 computers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 banner999

banner999

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:20 AM

hi

after browsing loadssssss of sites trying to come up with a solution ive ended up doing something i do very rarely and posting i na forum to find a solution...

i am not great at putting stuff into text, but will give it a go as best as i can...

basicaly, a week or so ago my brothers computer (windows xp) whilst browsing internet (he uses i.e) randomly kept opening sites such as bing and ebay, usualy when he clicked a link from google (search result) however didnt happen if he was going to wikipedia... it was not always these sites but they were the main ones...

now yesterday my laptop (windows 7) randomly started opening up new windows with the google page or ebay in a new window, but only if i clicked a link on any site, such as to return to the facebook homepage, or to go into a photo section of a website, then today i started having a play around and whilst doing thsi have realised if i use i.e on my laptop, google works fine (however results open in a new window, when i think but not 100% used 2 be a new tab) but ask.com for some reason if i click a result there it takes me onto some random search engine (never heard of them and cant remember a name atm but can get you some examples if needed ?)

my sisters laptop (win xp) is the last pc in the house and also has the problems, she uses firefox like me, and when searching in google on hers, does the same as mine in ask, and takes to the exact same group of search engines...

on my laptop i have tried uninstalling / reinstalling browsers, looooooooads of different malware removers and virus scans (online and ones you have to download) some seem to find stuff and delete it, but the problem is still here... i have only tried scans on my laptop so far and have left the other computers...

all run wireless off the same router if that helps ? like it could have spread through ? but i dont think so as were not set up on a actual network just use the router to acess the internet

one last thing, my brothers ipod touch once randomly took him to bing from a google search result, which is what makes me think its something 2 do with out router as as far as i knew ipod touches couldnt get virus's...

im considering reseting hte router and going from there ?

also i havent tried pluging in direct to the modem yet as havent had a chacne but will do as thats a easy way to confirm if it is router or not...

so if any1 can make head or tale of that and give advice i will be very very very grateful

thanks

adam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 banner999

banner999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:34 PM

any ideas ?

ive tried literaly every free virus / malware / adware software online, reseting the router, the problems improved on mine but its still doing some wierd stuff

ive figured now it could be the 'google virus?' as it redirects via results5.google and uses google analytics and htere seems 2 be alot of other forums on this, but all the solves on there are not working for me :thumbsup:

so any help would be realyyyyyyyyyyy apreciated

#3 banner999

banner999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:06 PM

still have it....

tried everything now and still nothing...

any ideas any1 ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users