Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

About the required Ram.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VaynardX

VaynardX

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:18 AM

Im planning to upgrade my OS from windows xp sp3 to windows 7 home premium(with the aero interface) next month. My question is, is my pc geared for it? Here are my specs:

Mobo: Asus p5kpl am se
Video card: Geforce 9400GT 512mb
Ram: 2GB DDR2 667
Hard Drive: 320GB

Now im planning to use my pc to emulate pcsx2(ps2 emulator) so I need the direct x10 that win7 has. My question is, is my pc able to emulate pcsx2 without worries( I think 2gb is small for win7, correct me if im wrong). Need advice pls.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:15 AM

I suggest that you download and run the Windows 7 upgrade advisor utility to be certain.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...upgrade-advisor

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,613 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:34 PM

Your specs look fine.
2GB for Windows 7 is enough to run it smoothly.
What CPU is it?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 VaynardX

VaynardX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

^

Do you mean the processor? Mine is Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz. So I can go upgrade to win 7 and play ps2 emulator with no problems?

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,613 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:48 PM

You should be fine...

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#6 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:40 PM

One other quick way to know if your XP system will be compatible with win7, is by looking at the logo that would say something like designed for windows XP and then underneath that it might say windows vista compatible. If it says windows vista compatible, then from my experience I have never had any real driver issues. And as far as the performance with the specs that you posted, like Broni said you'll be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users