Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help How To Remove....

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 soulshine

soulshine

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:21 AM

Im sorry if im in the wrong forum section im new to this, I need your help removing this viruses that my spyware doctor had found, I have only the trial version of this it only scans not remove so please help me..
Here are the names that it had found btw it had found 390 infectious virus :thumbsup:

Block Checker
HotBar
WorldAntiSpy
Known Bad Sites
Tracking Cookie(s)
Advertising
PSGuard
Trojan.Proxy.BK
Common Components for BC Computing spy software

Also i have ad aware Se Personal and Spybot S&D, when i fully scanned them in safemode it had found some viruses but it was able to remove the virus. The when it was spyware doctor turn to scanned and that it had found. Im currently scared of checking stuff from the interent ..im not even sure now if im being hijacked. plz help me with this matter. Also can u tel me if Spybot S&D, Spyware Doctor and Ad aware r good anti virus? thanks for ur help

//Mod edit: Moved from Windows XP Home and Professional forum to the more appropriate.

Edited by KoanYorel, 09 November 2005 - 06:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:57 AM

:thumbsup: to BC Soulshine.

Your problem is not simple. I think you are confusing anti-virus and anti-spyware software.

can u tel me if Spybot S&D, Spyware Doctor and Ad aware r good anti virus?

None of them are anti-virus programs!
AdAwareSE and Spybot S&D are excellent anti-spyware programs and you should have them as part of your defence system. I do not have personal knowledge of Spyware Doctor.

Here is a basic method to clean your system, if it does not help you then you should consider submitting an HJT log to our volunteer team of experts in the HJT forum. If you wish to post an HJT log then please read the pinned posts 'How to use this Forum' and 'How to post a HiJack This log' at the top of the forum:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Hij...alysis-f22.html

Is your Anti-virus program current and updated? If not you can download a free anti-virus program here (US Link): AVG Free
When you have downloaded and installed it you need to go online to register it and update it. (It will probably prompt you to do this.)
Once you have installed AVG uninstall your old Anti-Virus software because you should only have one running on your system.

Do you have any anti-spyware installed? If not download and update all of the following:Reboot your computer in Safe Mode and run the anti-virus scan and anti-spyware scans there.
If you are not sure how to boot in Safe Mode there is a tutorial here: Safe Mode

See if that helps :flowers:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 soulshine

soulshine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:27 PM

Hey im a bit confuse by the firewall, i dunt have that. Also there are two options to choose from that is Hardware Firewall and a Personal Firewall, which one shuld i choose.

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:30 PM

there are two options to choose from that is Hardware Firewall and a Personal Firewall

Most commercial anti-virus packages include a firewall, AVG does not. That's not a problem because there are several free firewall products available which are compatible with AVG. See the firewall section of the BC compendium of recommended Freeware:
Recommended Freeware
Windows XP includes a firewall of limited capability. You should only run ONE firewall on any PC.

- All of the above firewalls would come under the category Personal Firewall, I think it's widely accepted that a Hardware Firewall gives you greater security but many people recommend still installing a personal firewall on each computer as well.

So, what's happening with your scans in Safe Mode?

Edited by Rimmer, 09 November 2005 - 05:31 PM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 soulshine

soulshine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:04 AM

Only Spyware Doctor can find the virus that i need to remove but the catch is if i want it remove i need to register which is to purchase it. i scanned my computer using Spybot S&D and ad aware too again still it culdnt find anymore, only spyware doctor can actually find those virus. It still hasnt changed it still:

Block Checker
HotBar
WorldAntiSpy
Known Bad Sites
Tracking Cookie(s)
Advertising
PSGuard
Trojan.Proxy.BK
Common Components for BC Computing spy software

#6 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2005 - 04:12 AM

Only Spyware Doctor can find the virus that i need to remove

No, no and NO.
Spyware Doctor may be a fantastic product but there are several free anti-virus and anti-spyware products that are just as good. If you want to buy a product go ahead, I'm just saying there's no need to.

This is what you should do -
Download everything I listed earlier, especially AVG Free. Also download Ewido Security Suite which complements anti-virus software by specializing in detecting Trojans, Dialers and Spyware and lots of other stuff. It is free for private use. Ewido download
When installing it untick 'Install Background Guard' and 'Install Scan via Context Menu'.

Install them all and update them all while online then reboot in Safe Mode and run all the scans.
Reboot normally and see what the situation is.

If after that you are not cleaned-up you should post an HJT log for expert analysis. To post an HJT log please read the pinned posts 'How to use this Forum' and 'How to post a HiJack This log' at the top of the forum:

This is pretty much what I said before.

#7 soulshine

soulshine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:06 PM

It finally worked, but some werent deleted, I have a question. THe virus it had found do i keep it quarantine or delete them, my computer is slowing down especially when u just turn on the computer and wait it to load, it keeps making noise the loading noise bcoz of the anit virus i have.

Only Spyware Doctor can find the virus that i need to remove

No, no and NO.
Spyware Doctor may be a fantastic product but there are several free anti-virus and anti-spyware products that are just as good. If you want to buy a product go ahead, I'm just saying there's no need to.

This is what you should do -
Download everything I listed earlier, especially AVG Free. Also download Ewido Security Suite which complements anti-virus software by specializing in detecting Trojans, Dialers and Spyware and lots of other stuff. It is free for private use. Ewido download
When installing it untick 'Install Background Guard' and 'Install Scan via Context Menu'.

Install them all and update them all while online then reboot in Safe Mode and run all the scans.
Reboot normally and see what the situation is.

If after that you are not cleaned-up you should post an HJT log for expert analysis. To post an HJT log please read the pinned posts 'How to use this Forum' and 'How to post a HiJack This log' at the top of the forum:

This is pretty much what I said before.

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 17 November 2005 - 04:27 PM

it keeps making noise the loading noise bcoz of the anit virus i have.

What antivirus are you using, that makes noise?

Have you run your Ewido in Safe Mode?
If you have, and your still having problems, do as Rimmer suggested, and post a HijackThis log for examination.
Read How to post a HijackThis Log.
Please read, and follow, all directions carefully.

Then, run a log, and post it in the HijackThis forum, at this link. Do not, fix anything, yet.
A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.
It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.

NOTE:
Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 soulshine

soulshine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:03 AM

Yup i have run in it safe mode and scanned for viruses and also removed them. I asked a question you see um on ewido the viruses r quarantine shuld i delete tha virus from quarantine doin this, is that mean the virus is terminated or its still there. also its makin noise cause it loading but takes too long especially opening internet explorer its like waiting for 3 minutes, is there anything 2 do bout that? thanks

#10 soulshine

soulshine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:17 AM

Is the problem the anti virus coz its loading...so i removed Spyware doctor, but now i feel more unsafe, this is wat i currently have...Norton antivirus, SPybot S&D, ad aware are they all good protection?

#11 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:35 AM

this is wat i currently have...Norton antivirus, SPybot S&D, ad aware are they all good protection?

Yes those are good.
Don't you also have Ewido?
You should also use the 2 others Rimmer suggested:
aČ free
Spywareblaster
In addition to every thing mentioned, I also use SpywareGuard.
Spywareblaster, and SpywareGuard, will help prevent spyware/malware from being installed on your computer, in the first place.

Anything that has been quarantined, has been neutralized.
It can no longer do any harm.
You can delete it, if you want to.

Spyware Doctor is a program you don't need to have.
These programs, Rimmer and I have suggested, will do the same thing, for free.
Don't pay for anything you don't have to.
All of the programs we've mentioned, updated and used regularly, will do a lot to keep your computer clean of spyware, trojans, keyloggers, browser hijackers, etc...

You should post a HijackThis log, to the proper forum (HijackThis Logs and Analysis), to be examined.
Instructions on how to do that, can be found in Rimmer's, and my, previous post.

Edited by tg1911, 18 November 2005 - 10:38 AM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#12 soulshine

soulshine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2005 - 05:39 PM

oops I deleted ewido when it has finished scanning and also when i deleted da virus, coz it was making the computer load in the first place, like clickin on internet explorer taking foreva to pop up yea. Is that good or bad? now its actually quicker now when clikcing internet explorer coz i deleted ewido and also spyware doctor. thank u guys for helping me

#13 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:09 PM

When installing ewido security suite, under Additional Options did you uncheck:
Install background guard
Install scan via context menu

Ewido is a resource hog when it runs on startup, which makes startup slow.
That's why you don't want to Install background guard.
Then you can just run it, when you need it.
It's a good program, that you should keep.

#14 soulshine

soulshine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2005 - 01:48 AM

I went to some other helpful forum this is the website www.cybertechhelp.com. Well i have read some tweaks:

Speed Up Web Browsing!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are in a networked environment and browse via network neighborhood, this tweak is for you. It speeds up your network browsing experiance.

Click Start | Run | Then type Regedit

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Explorer/RemoteComputer/NameSpace

Locate and delete this key {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}

Reboot.
......................................................................................................................

Shuld I try this tweak, coz seriously i really need my internet fast, its really slow, im currenly using DSL, shuld i or shuldnt?

#15 soulshine

soulshine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2005 - 03:17 AM

I need to remove "Malware.Psguard"

I already scanned my spybot S&D and also ad adware, found it and also removed, shuld i keep it quarantine? also i tried scaning it again and its back again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users