Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen that turns off

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GedasLt

GedasLt

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:10 AM

Hello, I've got a huge problem. When I turn on my PC screen turns on for about half second. But the light on the monitor still green. After every turn on phase (I dont know how to name that :thumbsup: ) Screen after half second becomes black. When I turn off and that turn on my monitor heappens the same thing. Now it's even worse I can't turn on computer because of that problem. By the way I dont know what kind of problem is this, but I've seen simillar problem like mine in this section of forum.

Edited by GedasLt, 12 September 2010 - 01:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:23 AM

Hi GedasLt, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

Would you please post the make and model of this computer?

If this is a desktop, please post the make and model of the monitor?

Is the graphics card the original one?

If you look in the Device Manager, are there any errors for the Display adapters or Video controllers.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

Please supply the information dc3 asked you for, it will help us to help you better.

Can you boot up and hold down the F8 key and boot into Windows safemode?

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#4 GedasLt

GedasLt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:54 AM

I tought that was video card or virus problem. Though it was a monitor problem sorry for inconvenience.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

No inconvenience. Did you solve your problem?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 GedasLt

GedasLt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:42 AM

When my monitor is in sunlight i noticetd that it's not completely black, it's almost black but i can see almost all but its very unbright, what kind of problem is this ? My monitor is LCD.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

I asked you this before, and Mr.Bruce reiterated it, for the third time... would you please post the make and model of your computer, and now the make and model of your monitor. Without this information I can no longer help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users