Hello, you are most welcome. We look very good here though we will do an online scan to be certain there are no remnants.
Good gamble,as I guess I should have beeen clearer. Wondows will put back the Default Hosts file when the active one is deleted.
The find in MBAM is due to the registry modifacation abilities in Iolo.
Let me quote miekiemoes
, Administrators at Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes sees and reports that the association for these files are not the default ones as set by Windows (since malware may alter these associations as well). When you select to remove in mbam, mbam restores it to the default associations again (as set by Windows).
So you have 2 choices here... Or you ignore the detection in mbam, or you don't let System mechanic modify the default associations
Now we'll due the ESET Online scan. If alls clear I will give you the security info you requested and we'll mop up.
Please perform a scan with Eset Online Antiivirus Scanner
.This scan requires Internet Explorer to work. Vista/Windows 7 users need to run Internet Explorer as Administrator.
To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run As Administrator from the context menu.
- Click the green button.
- Read the End User License Agreement and check the box:
- Check .
- Click the button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Check Remove found threats and Scan potentially unwanted applications. (If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)
- Click the Start button.
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
- If offered the option to get information or buy software at any point, just close the window.
- The scan will take a while so be patient and do NOT use the computer while the scan is running. Keep all other programs and windows closed.
- When the scan completes, push
- Push , and save the file to your desktop as ESETScan.txt.
- Push the button, then Finish.
- Copy and paste the contents of ESETScan.txt in your next reply.
Note: A log.txt
file will also be created and automatically saved in the C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\ folder.
If you did not save the ESETScan log, click
, then type or copy and paste everything in the code box below into the Open dialogue box:
-- Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.
- Click Ok and the scan results will open in Notepad.
- Copy and paste the contents of log.txt in your next reply.