Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Minimum System Requirements For Video Editing/burning

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MightyMing

MightyMing

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:31 AM

Hi

I'm new to the forum and would like to know what minimum system requirements would ideally be required to upload digital camcorder footage to a pc, edit using a software package and then burn onto DVD.

I'm shorlty buying a new system so would like to know what spec to ask for!! Please bear in mind I'm not a techy type! Just the basics of RAM, Processor speed, Graphics/sound card types etc, Hard drive size n stuff!

Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:24 AM

Hi there MightyMing if you want to do some good video editing and stuff the best stuff to get would probably be a Pentium 4 processor and good 1 or 2 gigs of ram and good video card such as All-in-Wonder 2006 Edition or the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 both of these run on the new PCI Express port on the motherboard so make sure you have the right motherboard. And if you want to look like a real professional get the USB Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Video Editor. And I highly suggest a TV Tuner.

Hope this helps

P.S. Don't forget a DVD burner

Edited by Klinkaroo, 14 November 2005 - 09:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users