Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

multiple disc burning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kennyboy3

kennyboy3

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:03 PM

Sorry if this is a stupid question I have about 25 gb of jpeg photos in various folders that i want to back up as they are seen on the computer to half a dozen or so dvds with no compression so they are exactly as seen on the computer can any body please tell me what the best multiple disc burning software to use for this hope this makes sense , I am using vista ultimate 64 bit o/s cheers for any help :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

You will have to divide 25Gigs up into 4.7Gig Parts to fit on a DVD and burn each disk separately. There is no multi-disk burning tool that I know of that is in existence.

You could then take each 4.7Gig part and compress it to possibly get 2 zipped files onto a DVD.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:19 PM

Well...there is DVD-spanning software, if that's what you want to do.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=...07a1c3c62b92b94

I would suggest not doing that, since (IMO) it just increases the risk of not being able to properly access the other DVDs if something goes wrong.

I would simply break the files up into quantities manageable on one disk...and then burn them and indicate the divisions on the disks.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users