Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Verizon fine print

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:35 AM

Hi, I have the verizon wireless unlimited data plan as my primary internet. The pay period ends on 9/22. I have used 28.72 GB of data in the current pay period. I have read on other boards about technicalities of this plan that call for termination of contract if bandwidth is too high. But when I go on verizon's site I can't find the $60/month unlimited plan that I have. The highest one on their site is $50/month for a capped bandwidth plan. The bill says $60 and unlimited so I am pretty sure the guy at the store didn't make it up :thumbsup: . I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can read the fine print?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

I would call customer service and demand the answers

#3 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:15 PM

Plans change -- and these days "unlimited" is unpopular with providers. Also, introductory packages are often more generous than ongoing offerings.

Bu-uuu-ut, these companies are also known to make concessions in some cases to keep a customer. If you haven't abused the service, you might get a concession.

But you do have to talk to a representative (and possibly a supervisor) to get the definitive answer. So make sure you call.

#4 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:08 AM

Well the pay period ended and I had 33gb transfered and nothing happened. I am just going to let it ride as they don't seem to care and I emailed them to get a copy of my contract. Thanks.

#5 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:25 AM

I am in a similar situation with T Mobile

I was a Suncom unlimited customer and T-Mobile bought them out a couple of years ago.

When my Suncom contract ended I defaulted to no contract and month to month.

They call often trying to get me to sign a 2 year contract.

I say why and they say cause you can get a deal on a new phone.

And I say but I can buy a new phone for a third of the price from the internet. Making the deal no deal.

Finally, frustrated they give up.

#6 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:16 AM

its a racket. the only reason I am with Verizon is b/c I live in the sticks and the only alternative is satellite which is prohibitively expensive and doesn't work as well (which is pretty bad)

#7 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

My sister's was capped at 5GB and hers was $60 a month on verizon. I'm with ntelos for 50 a month and completely unlimited. The fine print used to read 5 GB limit when they called it unlimited. Beware though Verizon is set to make some changes shortly in their data plans they are going to a tiered plan like AT&T

Posted Image

#8 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

Wow, I had no idea. From www.evdoinfo.com

In the early days of 3G mobile broadband, most of the carriers offered "unlimited" service. Once mobile broadband use began to increase dramatically, all of the major carriers (Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, Alltel) moved away from unlimited service plans and implemented a 5GB monthly allowance - the service isn't turned off after one uses 5GB in a month, but the carrier charges per-megabyte overage fees for use in excess of 5GB.

My plan was one of the original unlimited 3g plans and I have never upgraded or changed the plan so I guess I avoided being changed to the new style. I hope I can continue to slide unlimited without being changed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users