Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Access Dropdown Menus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adanacben

adanacben

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:29 PM

i need to create a dropdown menu in access. but it is a little more complicated than that. i am going to have two dropdowns, and based on your selection in the first dropdown, it determines the options in the second. hopefully this is possible. i think if i just create a filter it would work, but i don't know how to apply the filter after i make my selection in the first drop down. and i would need different filters based on what is selected, so apply the filter when drop down equals a certain value...any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:31 AM

It might help us a bit better if you tell us a bit more about what exactly you're trying to do. Dropdown menus are indeed possible in Access, but it's hard to guage it unless you know what you want in exact terms.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#3 adanacben

adanacben
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:15 AM

I understand how to put in dropdowns, but this one is unique. there will be two dropdown menus. the first one will have 7-8 different objects in it (these objects will never change, none will ever need to be added by the user). you will select an option in the first dropdown, and that will filter the options in the second dropdown depending on what you choose.

so say the first one has the options "Colors" and "Numbers". the second dropdown should be completely blank until you choose either "colors" or "numbers" if you choose colors, then a list of colors is available to be selected in the second dropdown (same with the numbers)

hope that explains what i am trying to do

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users