Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Signal On Monitor

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:07 PM

Hey i just built a computer and the hardware is up and running. I have no programs or OS installed. My monitor keeps saying no signal when i turn the coputer on. Should i see a menu or something. Also can you tell me the order to install all my software/OS/drivers. Thanks
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:10 PM

Yes you should. The most over look mistake is not seating the compontants. Try removing all cards, and memory and then reinstalling them. Sometimes you can have it screwwed down or pushed in and there is just enough slack to not make the connection. Ok yeah unplug the computer first. :thumbsup:
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Rabbuk

Rabbuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:41 PM

Yes you should. The most over look mistake is not seating the compontants. Try removing all cards, and memory and then reinstalling them. Sometimes you can have it screwwed down or pushed in and there is just enough slack to not make the connection. Ok yeah unplug the computer first. :thumbsup:

i already did all that stuff.
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:48 PM

Have you tried plugging the monitor into another computer? Have you tried plugging another monitor into the computer? You could have a bad video card, or a bad monitor. Check the connector on your monitor cable. Sometimes the pins are bend when trying to plug in.

#5 Rabbuk

Rabbuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:58 PM

Have you tried plugging the monitor into another computer? Have you tried plugging another monitor into the computer? You could have a bad video card, or a bad monitor. Check the connector on your monitor cable. Sometimes the pins are bend when trying to plug in.

i know the monitor works but ill try the comp on a different monitor
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

#6 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:54 PM

re your other posts:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34078/help-my-computer-turns-on-and-then-turns-off-after-like-3-secs/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34145/possible-motherboard-problem/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34086/hey-im-having-some-major-issues/

Are these all about the same system? If so have any problems been positively identified and overcome?

I think it's better to stick with just one topic, that way people know what you've already tried.

:thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#7 DarkRaika

DarkRaika

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:59 AM

I just wanted to say that I am sure your problem is not Monitor related. As long as you have connected it up fine to the video port (the right one wheither its onboard video or a vidoe card), and there is power to the monitor you should have no problem.

Its more likely to be your computer that has a problem, Haven't connected the power cable from powersupply to the motherboard. Or the power switch to the motherboard. RAM or CPU related. Whatever it is it is not the Monitor I'm sure, from those symtoms.

31337 is a prime number .... 1337 is not .... go figure!

#8 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:01 AM

Hey i just built a computer and the hardware is up and running. I have no programs or OS installed. My monitor keeps saying no signal when i turn the coputer on. Should i see a menu or something. Also can you tell me the order to install all my software/OS/drivers. Thanks

When you say your computer is up and runnng, how do you know this? Are there lights on, on the motherboard, or do the drive lights flash on and off?
I'm not trying to be short but you have given little overall information. Could you, in detail, describe exactly what your computer does when it boots?

Edited by acklan, 10 November 2005 - 11:03 AM.

#9 Rabbuk

Rabbuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:36 PM

When you say your computer is up and runnng, how do you know this? Are there lights on, on the motherboard, or do the drive lights flash on and off?
I'm not trying to be short but you have given little overall information. Could you, in detail, describe exactly what your computer does when it boots?

All the lights are on and there is a boot beep and the fans and harddrive are spining but the screen is just blank. It doesn't let me load any programs or anything
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users