Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skc

skc

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:16 PM

I use to be able to watch the NBA game board but now I get an error.

It says java.langNullpointerexception

I am using 9.2.2 on an old imac DVD 400

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:38 AM

A null pointer error is a bit generic. Any number of things. Basically, something in the program is looking for something else, and instead of finding what it is expecting to find, it is finding a null. The hard part is figuring out what caused that.. have you upgraded the software recently, or did the site from where the info came from for the sccoreboard change? Are any other functions effected?

#3 skc

skc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:47 AM

I use to be able to watch the NBA game board but now I get an error.

It says java.langNullpointerexception

I am using 9.2.2 on an old imac DVD 400

Thanks

Possibly it is in the Game board site. I had to do an upgrade via a tech in the shop several months ago and I have a severe case of "crs" so don't know if I attempted the game board right after that was done or not. The DVD/CD player barely runs so won't even try an OS upgrade. sigh A good excuse for a new computer next year, though.

Thanks for the reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users