Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just a check over

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zuruikyuubi

zuruikyuubi

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:17 PM

Hello I am working on my moms computer I have already fixed some issues with the computer running slow, I have ran malware bytes and anti-virus software they have cleaned a lot out. Cleared temp and temp internet files, everything is running a lot faster.
Computer is windows xp sp3
Celeron 2.53GHz
512 of RAM
onboard video

a simple computer that works
just wanted a look over the hijackthis log file if there is anything I missed or need to remove.

EDIT: Removed HJT log. HJT is a tool designed for malware situations and is not a checklist of any sort...for threads which are posted in the XP forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 10 September 2010 - 05:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,865 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

Do you have any specific issues with this system...that you would like someone to address here in the XP forum?

If so, please provide some detail to work with.

Louis

#3 zuruikyuubi

zuruikyuubi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:24 PM

So I am guessing that we can't post a log to have someone look over to see if there is anything that I missed, I did provide details I said that the computer was running slow but I have fix most of the problems. is there a place on this forum to post the log for someone to look at or should I go back to the microtread website to find another forum to view my log file.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,865 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:47 PM

If you have a malware issue....you can follow the procedures outlined at Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html.

After you have created the DDS log (note that it does not say to create an HJT log), then you may post your issue (as outlined in the instructions) at the following forum: BC Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

FWIW: HJT logs are no longer used/suggested by the members of the BC Malware Removal Team.

If you follow the instructions posted, you will get it right :thumbsup:.

Good luck!

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users