Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no firewall is turned on balloon pop up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wrex

wrex

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

Hello, recently I've been getting this balloon pop up from the system tray:
http://tinypic.com/r/wjcbnk/7

I've never actually clicked on the balloon because I'm afraid to. When I check my control panel and click on the security icon it says the firewall is turned on. I'm not sure why this is happening, but it's very annoying. I'm usually good at keeping viruses off my computer, but this one is weird. Help me please.

Thank You

Edit: Running Windows XP 2005 media center edition, SP3
Also totally forgot that a little while back that balloon used to say "norton worm protection is turned off". I don't even use norton, I think it may have come with the computer, but I deleted once the trial was over. I downloaded a symantec norton removal tool and ran it, the message stopped popping up for about a day, but came back with the balloon I posted in the pic.

Edited by wrex, 11 September 2010 - 12:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wrex

wrex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:49 PM

finally clicked the balloon, and it just took me to windows security center, but everything was already on.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:51 PM

What firewall are you using?
You may need to tell the Security Center that you will monitor the firewall yoursel if using a non Windows wall.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users