Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer wont print *URGENT need it for college

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 peel

peel

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:32 PM

I have HP Laserjet 1018. Its an old family printer but it still works fine until now. Basically when I brought it to college I plugged it into my laptop, then I found the driver online for Windows 7 32 bit and installed that, and it worked perfectly. (We couldnt find the installation disc or anything for it. We might be able to if we really need to)

Anyhow my roommate wanted to share the printer with me so basically whenever he wanted to print he'd unplug the cord from my printer and plug it into his laptop. I told him to install the driver too and it started working for him too. Then, later when I plugged it into mine, it doesnt print anymore. When I plug it in, it says its autoinstalling the thing, then I click Print and it will remain in the queue but nothing will happen. Then I tried removing the printer and then plugging the cord back into to autoinstall it and I ended up with like 5 copies of the printer which all have the same problem (and now these wont go away even if I click remove or reboot).
And sometimes when I take out the cord and replug it in, it will work for a second and I can print a Test Page, but then it will stop working when I try printing something important.
When I look on the printer page, the status of the copies are always like: Error - Deleting , which probably means its trying to remove the printer but for some reason cant.
And Ive tried stopping and starting the printer spooler service and stuff.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

Delete all printers currently reflected on the system...then reinstall it properly. Deleting the printers is the only way that I know of to truly flush the previous items queued for printing.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users