Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Internal and External hard drives' folders have been automatically changed to .scr

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Peteriando

Peteriando

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

My Internal and External hard drives' folders have been automatically changed to .scr..

What i have done so far here is scanning all the hard drives and but to no avail... All the folders are still in .scr format unable to double click them and open, but allow to key in folders' name in the location bar to open those folders. Every hard drive contains this " $RECYCLE.BIN "... I have searched through information from the Internet, i have tried using "Autorun Eater" to scan, the results scanned is a name called "thumbs.com -a" keeps auto running and popping out, all my Anti Virus software keeps warning and stops and kills "Thumbs.com", but still failed. It keeps running, no other ways to stop it!! I have also tried to key in this "" attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* " at start => run => cmd. All hard drives folders' scr. have changed to normal but within 1 minute, all folders again automatically turn into .scr format.... HEADACHE now!!! What should i do now. ... Any expert could help out to solve my problems.... Thanks in advance!!

Edited by hamluis, 10 September 2010 - 11:52 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

I find this interesting...since folders have no file extension, only files have file extensions.

Can you post a screenshot from Explorer view, please?

Louis

Possibly related, http://www.symantec.com/security_response/...-99&tabid=2.

Edited by hamluis, 10 September 2010 - 11:51 AM.

#3 Peteriando

Peteriando
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:19 PM

Posted Image
My all folders' sizes are 40kb.. They are all something like... document.scr, new folder.scr, Acer.scr, ....etc. all in scr format.. so weird for me!!

#4 Peteriando

Peteriando
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:29 AM

I have used Kapersky to scan every hard drives, all drives detected this virus "worm.win32.AutoRun.ftd." . What should i do now? Thanks in advance.................

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users