Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft XP Blue Screen Windows Start Up Failed To Initialize

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 HOAXone

HOAXone

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:34 AM

Thank you guys for taking the time to help me out with this.
My computer has recently began to display a Blue Screen when Windows XP is loading my personal settings. As Windows is loading my personal settings it immediately displays a BSOD with the folllowing:

Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0xc00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

I tried booting in safe mode but I get the same outcome when it tries to load my settings. Only a few times did it load all the way in regular mode where my desktop showed up and I was able to use the pc properly but most of the times it wont load and just shuts down with this blue screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by HOAXone, 10 September 2010 - 12:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

If you can get to the page with the option for Safe Mode, try using the Last known good configuration.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 HOAXone

HOAXone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:53 AM

dc3 thanks for the reply. I tried doing that but I get the same darn blue screen with the same message so im a bit puzzle about that. Not sure why it wont go to the last best current config. Any other suggestions?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:25 PM

If you have the installation CD try accessing the recovery console.

Note: You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order to be able to boot from the Windows installation disk.

To run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP CD-ROM, follow these steps:

1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.

Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.

2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.

3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the]Recovery Console.

4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

5. At the command prompt, type chkdsk /f , and then press ENTER.

6. To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 HOAXone

HOAXone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:45 PM

If you have the installation CD try accessing the recovery console.

Note: You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order to be able to boot from the Windows installation disk.

To run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP CD-ROM, follow these steps:

1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.

Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.

2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.

3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the]Recovery Console.

4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

5. At the command prompt, type chkdsk /f , and then press ENTER.

6. To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

I ran the chkdsk but mines was /p. It said it found one or more error on the volume.
Is there anything I should do at this point? Reinstall XP?

Edited by HOAXone, 13 September 2010 - 01:05 AM.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:49 AM

You can repair these files by doing a repair installation. This will not affect your data or applications that aren't part of the Windows operating system.

Boot the computer from the XP CD. You may need to change boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order.

When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below

This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.
You do not want to choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R.

Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair isn't one of the option end the installation, this will mean that you will need to do a fresh installation of XP.

The repair will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot, the repair installation will continue after the reboot.

#7 HOAXone

HOAXone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:13 PM

Thank you so much for your help. I ran everything as you instructed last night and I am no longer getting the BSOD.
I did run SBS&D and it found a few bugs in there and when I did a search on Yahoo I noticed I was being redirected so I will ask for some help in the other forum.

Unless there is anything else I need to run feel free to shut this topic down.

Thanks again for your time and help - you saved me from having to buy a new pc!!!!

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:38 PM

That's why we are here, glad to be able to help.

You might consider opening a topic in the Am I Infected forum where this type of problem is best handled, our staff has some of the best working there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users