Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

compaq presario sr2032x

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ibar1106

ibar1106

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:51 PM

Hi, my compaq presario sr2032x wont boot. Power light is ON, PSU light is green. CPU fan runs at full speed. I can hear HD sound too. No display. Keyboard light would blink once and then nothing. It was working until last night. Nothing changed physically for this computer.

Is it time to get replacement?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:51 PM

Have you opened the side of the computer and looked at the capacitors on the motherboard? they should look nice, clean and cylindrical, with a flat top, there should be nothing leaking and nothing bulging anywhere on the capacitor. That would be my first place to look. Also, is the computer making any beeping noises on startup?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:35 AM

If you have a bootable CD, put it in the CD/DVD drive and reboot. If it boots from the disk, then your problem is narrowed down to either the operating system, or the hdd.

Another note. You may need to enter the BIOS to make the DC/DVD drive the first device in the boot order so that the CD boots instead of the operating system.

Edited by dc3, 10 September 2010 - 12:37 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users