Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Generic Host Process

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Issabella

Issabella

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

I am having this exact same problem! If anyone knows the solution, I would love to hear it.
Although, I will add that I was told I needed to update my version of XP -but when I downloaded the update it said that my service pack 3 was more recent than the update. So that is definitely not the problem.

EDIT
I thought I was replying in another user's thread LOL@me. And now I can't find a way to delete this topic so I might as well make it useful....

The issue is that I get a WIN32 error that it has encountered a problem and needs to close with the option to send an error report, which I usually do. Not long after that happens (it happens randomly, doesn't seem to matter what I am doing or if I am even using my pc) then random processes stop functioning properly, up to and including an entire system lock up. It usually begins with my media player/ any music/sound device or page because it tells me that I have no speakers connected and the sound just stops working. Or my browser will either crash or not load at all, I can double click the icon and the little hour glass pops up, then disappears but the browser never opens. By the time I realize it is happening again I can't even shut it down properly. Just have to hold the power button and reboot that way. Then it seems to function fine until the next time I get the WIN32 error.
I've run virus scans, malware scans, had my ISP tech people check into it and no one seems to be able to figure out the problem. Any thoughts would be grand. Thanks ^_^

Edited by Issabella, 09 September 2010 - 06:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

Can you please be more specific about the Win32 error.

There are Trojans also known as Win32.exe If you have a Win32 anything you may want to scan that specific file with a good virus scanner to be sure it is not a malicious file.

http://www.processlibrary.com/search/?q=Win32.exe

There appears to be a lot of reference to the RATEGA Virus and WIN32.EXE

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 09 September 2010 - 08:32 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users