Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube videos lags

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jsmith19

jsmith19

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:06 PM

Hello I have a Athlon 2500 - 1.87gb PC with 1gb ram and ATI radeon 9200 vid card.

My problem is that when i try to watch a video in youtube or any other site that's similar , the

video always lags and also pauses sometimes and play again.

Also when I am watching the video it's like playing in slow motion with sounds.

I am using Windows 7 which was recently installed 2 days ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jsmith19, 09 September 2010 - 04:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rolltide101

rolltide101

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:24 PM

Is it possibly your connection? Have you tried with more than one web browser? Does the computer run slow at all?

#3 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:32 PM

I had the same problem with my ATI video card. The problem is that when it senses a low load condition it lowers the clock frequency to save power. My clock was being reduced from 850 MHz to 157 MHz causing extremely choppy video playback in YouTube. According to ATI, this is a built in feature and cannot be disabled. But by using the CCC, I increased my clock rate by 25 MHz (the smallest increase available) to 875 MHz. The result was that when the board 'idles' down it only decreases to 400 MHz which gives satisfactory results when watching YouTube videos.

#4 rolltide101

rolltide101

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:51 PM

I have that same graphics card in another laptop (I believe) there is no way a laptop graphics card cant handle youtube videos. My netbook can handle it easy-ly on power saver.

#5 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

You might also want to increase the size of your Paging File in 'Advanced System Settings' under Performance.

#6 rolltide101

rolltide101

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

I wish he would give us a little more info though lol. It could be because he has to much running in the background. What you said may also be part of it. Ive never had a problem like that on a laptop

#7 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:39 PM

I have 7 Home Premium x64 with 8 GB RAM but rarely use more than 2 GB. When I disabled the Paging File, trying to force the system to use more RAM, my YouTube videos would only load a small amount. The lack of a Paging file caused the video to play until it ran out of download material, freeze up, play again for a few seconds and then pause again waiting for more download.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users