Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google redirect virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 msfrankie

msfrankie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:37 PM

Okay.... i picked up some kind of redirect virus a week or so ago. Could not access the internet. I got some popup screen with a list of programs to scan for the virus. i chose the one called Major Defense Kit. Now, i don't have the redirect issue, but everytime i log on i have to go through a 10 minute scan of my system. My internet is accessible.... but the longer i stay online, the whole system slows down and eventually crashes. Getting error messages about Virtual Memory being low, etc.

i have done the hijack this, and the DDS and the log files are attached.

When i do the GMER scan.... invariably the computer crashes and i have to do the 10 minute Major Defense Kit scan. GMER does show an infected module in red and i get the option to Dump Module.... i tried to copy the text and save it before my system crashed.... but as soon as i opened a note file.... system crash.

i am including my logs for DDS and Hijack This so someone might be able to get a precursory look at what the heck is going on and can hopefully help me.

As soon as i post this, i am going to attempt another GMER scan and attempt to at least get the information on that module that is flagged.

EDIT: Yeah.... every time i try to run a GMER scan.... my computer spontaneously reboots. Help, please.

Attached Files

Edited by msfrankie, 09 September 2010 - 02:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 msfrankie

msfrankie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

i think i got it sorted............... please disregard. i ran a malaware bytes scan.... which i had done prior to installing Major Defense Kit and still had the Google Redirect virus. Just removed over 100 bad entries with MalAware Bytes. Major Defense Kit now gone and seems like the Google Redirect as well.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

As this issue appears to be resolved I am closing the topic. Please send me (or any other Moderator) a Personal Message (PM) if you would like the topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users