Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Buzzing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JeffJeff

JeffJeff

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:32 AM

I have the same issue - I changed the motherboard (had a Gigabyte ATX and moved the old gear into a Zotac mini-ITX) and immediately noticed the low frequency drone associated with any any video update. I'm using the IGP via DVI output. Note that only the MB, RAM and case changed so I'm pretty certain the audio circuit on the motherboard is not well layed out resulting in interference from the video lines. I'm thinking about putting a high-pass filter between the speaker output on the MB and my speaker plug since it sounds like hum is < 100 Hz. Really annoying since I put this thing together to be a HTPC... :thumbsup: I hate to say it but I can't recommend the Zotac M/B because of this even though it had a great feature set (supported fast AM2 desktop CPU i.e. could recycle the old PC, high memory capacity etc in mini ITX, but the sound issue is a show stopper.

Edited by hamluis, 10 September 2010 - 11:04 AM.
Split from similar topic ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:51 AM

A poor ground connection in an audio system can result in this type of hum. I would jiggle the jack that plugs your speakers in and see if it changes.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users