Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to dowgrade to xp.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 skatr4u

skatr4u

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:29 AM

I have a compaq presario f500 and it has windows vista home basic installed on it. I found vista to be slow and some programs not working with vista. I would like to know if the drivers are compatible with xp. Should a run everest and cpu-z now or should i do it after the install of xp. Also ive downgraded and acer laptop to xp and when i went on the internet and scrolled down the page it was very sluggish and laggy. Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Unfortunato

Unfortunato

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

I have a compaq presario f500 and it has windows vista home basic installed on it. I found vista to be slow and some programs not working with vista. I would like to know if the drivers are compatible with xp. Should a run everest and cpu-z now or should i do it after the install of xp. Also ive downgraded and acer laptop to xp and when i went on the internet and scrolled down the page it was very sluggish and laggy. Any help is appreciated.

That sounds like you don't have the graphics/display drivers installed. Do you have a utility/drivers cd-rom which came with the acer laptop? If so, the drivers will be on that disc, and should auto-install when you follow instructions after inserting the cd. If not, you'd need to identify your model first. Click start, and then run, and type msinfo32 into the window. System Summary should now appear, and under System Model, you'll see the name of your machine. Then, follow this link and navigate to your model, and download and install the drivers for XP - they'll most likely be listed as VGA drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users