Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email problem not fixed by anti-virus software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sbrissette

sbrissette

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:49 AM

Hi-

Thanks in advance for your assistance. I returned home from a meeting to discover many messages in my email about undeliverable emails. Something has accessed my email account and is sending spam to my contact list. I am using the Windows XP operating system which is updated with Service Pack 3 and Avast which is fully up-to-date. I also use Microsoft Office Professional. I have not installed any new programs lately except AVG as a possible remedy. I tried downloading AVG and ran a full scan. That program found several Trojan Horse Agent AVZ problems which were corrected. Unfortunately this AM I find that more spam emails have been sent.

Here is the message I have been receiving (minus the list of emails being sent to.) These are apparently no longer valid emails. Many of my usual contacts have sent messages telling me about the problem.)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed. bheckman@ndm-heatexchangers.com

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
To: bheckman@ndm-heatexchangers.com
Subject:
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 17:23:45 -0400

http://angelfire.com/campbelldafomo/boseti.html Don'T WantToLi m itPle asureTo night? TryOurC apsulesO fMaleStr eng th!
uOr taelbts fro nem will make you a real Caaznova withouot any szide reactiosns!

I really don't know what to do to fix this. I have tried searching for this specific spam message to see if others have experienced the problem but have had no luck. Can anyone provide any advice to me, please?

Thank you again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:33 AM

Hello, It may be easiest to change your email account password and reset the router if you use one.
Next you must reset the router to its default configuration. This can be done by inserting something tiny like a paper clip end or pencil tip into a small hole labeled "reset" located on the back of the router. Press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 10 seconds). If you donít know the router's default password, you can look it up HERE.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users