Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with website and disk drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 myuji

myuji

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

Hi everyone,i'm using a Windows 7 Professional.Recently,when i was booting up my laptop,a window came and said my Windows 7 wasn't activated.This can't be right,as this copy of Windows 7 is from school.This problem never appeared again,though.

Just started installing Firefox yesterday,and had this error today when i was browsing on Facebook.
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Trying other browsers like IE didn't solve,as it can't even load the webpage.

Wanted to reformat my laptop completely,but i can't as there's too many stuffs here.

As for my disk drive C,under group/user names there should be a Authenticated Users group,but i accidentally removed it.
Is there any way to get it back? Since there's some files I can't remove.

While using my laptop recently,my mouse appeared to move by itself too,which might be a sign that i'm infected with some virus.
Have no virus software on this laptop,though.

Any help'll be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:54 PM

I don't know much about Authenitcated Users Group, but am curious - how did you delete it? Is it perhaps still sitting in your computer's recycle bin? If so, you should be able to easily restore it. I would also try attempting to go back to an earlier computer restore point if the recycle bin option does not work.

As for the potential computer infections, you should immediately install, update and run an antivirus program. Otherwsie, whatever progress you make in cleaning your computer will quickly get undone. If you are not familiar with the various brands of free antivirus programs, the best choice would be to simply download Microsoft Security Essentials directly from a Microsoft Corporatiion website. It is free and reportedly does a decent job. (Do not download it from non-MS websites, as there are also fake copies loaded with infections on other, non-MS websites)

You should also download, update and run the free version of SuperAntiSpyware (SAS) in Windows Safe Mode, plus do the same with MalwareBytes Antimalware (MBAM) in regular Windows mode. After running both of those programs, you might want to then post the resulting logs here at BleepingComputer, so the more expert advisors can look them over and advise you as how to proceed next.

Edited by Torvald, 09 September 2010 - 03:00 PM.

Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

#3 myuji

myuji
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:25 PM

Alright,i'll try and post. ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users