Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Latitude D531 Wifi Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aj0225

aj0225

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:14 PM

I have a Dell D531 Laptop and it just recently stop connecting to the internet with wifi. I tried to connect to multiple different access points and it couldn't connect. I then tried installing the Wifi driver i downloaded from Dell and it couldn't even open that. There was some kind of error with it. Could this be a virus? or did my Wifi crash? I am currently using Windows Vista.

Edited by boopme, 09 September 2010 - 10:23 AM.
Moved from Vista to Networking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:24 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

Have you tried Windows Vistas network trouble shooter to see if it can resolve your connection issue?

Does the networking icon appear in the system tray at all?

Check your device manager in the windows Vista control panel, look under network adapters and see if there is either a red X or a yellow exclamation mark over the network icon, generally the above mentioned icon will be expanded from the tree if it contains either error.

you can also try going to the start menu in the search field, type CMD

The result should be CMD.EXE right click CMD.EXE choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

The command prompt window will appear on your screen.

Type IPCONFIG /ALL and see what appears in the text upon hitting the enter key.

You may have to set up your network connection again under the network icon in the windows control panel.

I will not post any suggestions at this point, until I know the results to the suggestions I made above.

I will then determine if advice should be offered to set up your wireless network connection again.

I also need to ask you if you are connecting through a router which has a wireless broadcast and if so, what make and model number is your router?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 11 September 2010 - 01:26 AM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users