Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 menu errors i believe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr seven

Mr seven

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

Alright basically since a few days ago my computer has been acting up (mouse-wise)
If i roll over menus, especially in firefox, sometimes the menus will stay open until
i actually click somewhere else. My mouse can be moved anywhere but the menu
stays open. I can also click on say.. tools, and roll my mouse over other
items in the top menu and it will act like its clicking them but i only clicked once?
This happens on programs like aim as well and it has been getting on my last nerve.
And come to think of it my whole system is slow ever since this mouse crap started
going on.

here is a basic screen shot. As you can see if i click on like view one time and drag
my mouse across the top menus they all open on their own. Is this normal? it does
it on all programs that have top menus like that. Everything feels 'sticky'
anyone have an idea?

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:10 PM

Tried system restore?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:42 AM

I have read your post 3 times and I think it's normal. Mind does the same thing and always has. There might be a way of stopping it from doing that. I have never checked because it never bothered me.

#4 Mr seven

Mr seven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:49 AM

Tried system restore?

Not since this occured (or since ive noticed it), no. Have done too many 'big' uninstalls apparently system restore can cause problems if some of the registry stuff is still on your computer. Going back in time wouldn't help. I'm starting to wonder if it's always been doing this.

I have read your post 3 times and I think it's normal. Mind does the same thing and always has. There might be a way of stopping it from doing that. I have never checked because it never bothered me.

I read up on this all over the web and couldn't find not a damn thing about it glad its not just me though.

Edited by Mr seven, 09 September 2010 - 10:50 AM.

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

I have read your post 3 times and I think it's normal.

I just read it one more time, looked at my FF and it's normal.
All menu entries, which have sub-menus (Posted Image) will open those sub-menus on a mouse hover.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users