Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista/7 wifi won't connect to internet.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NoHarleys

NoHarleys

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:36 PM

Internet connection problems over wifi only with Vista and Windows 7 computers. My XP laptop and everyone's smartphones connect fine.

I do have a non-typical set up. I have TP-Link (TL-R860 which is NOT wifi) main router off my RR modem. From there it splits and runs to several computers in the house including a Netgear wifi router (WGT624v3). I have moved that router up to my main level and turned it into a switch so I can use the wifi signal.

But for some reason, Vista and 7 computers will not connect to the Internet over wifi. Oddly, they connect to the network but won't allow an Internet connection. I can see the other computers on the network when connected to wifi but it seems the connection won't get past my TP-Link router for some reason.

Anyone know a fix?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:10 PM

Quick Question? have you gone into your main router or modem and made sure that your (DHCP) is set up to distribute enough ip addresses for all the computers that you have connected.
Have you tried getting really close to the router to see if maybe the signal is week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users