Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wlan adapter gone

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bigmarco

Bigmarco

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:20 PM

my wireless adapter is not detected by my system when i plug in a ethernet cable to transfer data from one pc to another. and when i take the ethernet cable out wireless internet is online again.
I have a intel 5100 AGN.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rolltide101

rolltide101

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

Dont think u can have 2 active connections like that at once. I may be wrong though

#3 Bigmarco

Bigmarco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:48 PM

When i connect my PC with my laptop, my pc keeps it's wireless connection and lan connection with my laptop. but my laptop shuts down the wireless connection and only shows the lan connection

#4 rolltide101

rolltide101

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

It might be a difference in laptop mobos and desktop mobos. But I kno u cant use a lan connection and a wifi connection at the same time on no computer Ive ever used. I seriously have no clue wat to tell u. Any particular reason u need to do them at the same time?

I will look sum for you to see if I may be wrong

maybe this will work
http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/sho...ad.php?t=181880,

nvm I dont think that will help you. But u can still take a look if u want

Is sharing files wirelessly a option for you? If so you might could try this
http://www.download3k.com/Network-tools/Fi...le-Sharing.html

But I have no idea if it works or not and no idea how to config it or anything. I will keep looking for a solution for you

Edited by rolltide101, 08 September 2010 - 03:01 PM.

#5 Bigmarco

Bigmarco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

It worked before, but i got a new harddrive in my laptop and now when i connect to any other network my internet connection is gone.
Even when i connect with my school server (VPN connection TAP-Win32 adapter) which requires internet to reach and internet is gone when i connect.

#6 rolltide101

rolltide101

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:07 PM

try this. Found it on another website

Configure the wired connections manually and leave the Default Gateway and DNS Address fields blank. The wireless connection will handle the Internet connection and the wired one will handle the local network requests to the other wired machines.

#7 Bigmarco

Bigmarco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:36 PM

i configured it manually but my wireless internet is still gone when the LAN-connection is active

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users