Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linking Access '97 to a Web page

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Barajiqal

Barajiqal

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:55 AM

Hmm, I'm not sure how to go a bout this my company would like to link our Inventory database to our website so that customers may log in and search any of the previous orders they have made as well as be able to get quotes on varying quantities of these previous orders. My problem being that I'm fairly limited on experience in both of these fields and was hoping someone here could help me with this. I can find out further details as they need be, but I've just kinda had this thrown at me and I'm not even sure I know where to begin, Thanks in Advance.

-Bar

Edited by hamluis, 14 September 2010 - 10:41 AM.
Moved from Business Applications to Website Development ~ Hamluis.

"I am Become Death, Destroyer of Worlds" - (Verse 32 Chapter 11 of the Bhagavad Gita) Robert J Oppenheimer

"Any Man Who Has a Habit and Cannot Bear to Share it Should not Have the Habit at All" - Misqoute From Rolland of Gillead in the Stephen King Series The Dark Tower

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:38 AM

I'm not too sure, but one thing you should do is look at the ASP.net classes for adding Access support. Access 97 is, as you know, an older version, and the earlier ASP.net framework 1.1 versions definitely supported it. Why in the world are you still using Access 97 anyway? You folks should upgrade and hit the new age.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:02 PM

Why in the world are you still using Access 97 anyway?

Because licenses cost money, and many businesses have tiny budgets for things like that, so they make due with what they have. :thumbsup:

#4 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:47 PM

ASP can definately do this, I have done it many times with both access and excel. There were many tutorials avaliable online as long as you have an Windows (IIS) server this should be no problem :thumbsup:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users