Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which CMS? Would like to update own website

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 utah07

utah07

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:23 AM

hello,

I have been 'sold' Cushy CMS which I do not find 'cushy' at all. I would like to regulary update my website with content etc. I also need to move pictures and layout around.
My website has an ordering function where clients can order on line, but some of them tell me it doesn't work and others have no problem with it. when I test it is seems ok?

I only have basic skills and would really love any suggestions as to how I can access this requirement?

many thanks Bronwyn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:54 AM

but some of them tell me it doesn't work and others have no problem with it

Find out what browser they are using. "It doesn't work" doesn't really help much.

#3 twilightsinger3

twilightsinger3

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:06 AM

I use an opensource CMS called Joomla and I love it. You can add different modules for different functions (ie ordering function, photo gallary etc). It works as far as I know only for PHP so if you're looking for an ASP.net CMS this might not work. never tried it or knew anyone who has. But if you need any more info on Joomla PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users