Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will not hibernate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cire516

cire516

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:08 PM

Hi,

My computer will not hibernate. I've been doing Google searches on the topic and attempted to talk to HP tech support online (I get no response), and I still can't seem to solve the problem. Hibernate used to work fine for me, but now when I try it the blue screen comes on for a split second like it is about to hibernate, but then comes back to the desktop as if nothing happened. I don't get any error messages.

I'm assuming the problem is coming from a program running in the background and preventing me from hibernating. Although when I look at my processes that are running in my task manager, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. I also read that switching to an optical mouse could cause the problem, which I did do recently. But my settings are set so that my mouse can not wake my computer up from hibernation.

I tried disabling hibernation, restarting and enabling it again -- which did not work. I even tried doing a system restore, which also did not work.

I am out of ideas. Can anyone please list some steps that might be able to help? Attached is a list of system processes that are currently running. Could anything listed be causing the problem?

I am running Windows XP. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
cire516

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cire516

cire516
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

Anyone? I'm not looking for anything TOO in depth, just some advice on which direction to go. Thanks.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:20 PM

Hibernation problems...sometimes are linked to video drivers...you might try uninstalling/reinstalling your video drivers.

Microsoft Says...

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users