Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NET.FRAMEWORK install

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 danjmilos

danjmilos

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

More and more I am finding that things do not work quite right on my XP MCE 05 edition (2.5 ram), I am thinking this is because of my out of date net.framework, still using 1.1. I have tried updating a few times first about 3 years ago and most recently 3-4 months ago when at least 2.0 was needed for a Kodak gallery update. The problems with the framework updates for me is after I am done I find out sooner or later that my computer no longer recognizes that I have 2 optical drives installed so they can not be used and I end restoring to a time before there installation. Iíve been researching the process again and some of the things I found are:

1) install 2.0 then 3.5
2) install only 3.5
3) uninstall 1.1 then do 2.0 and 3.5
4) uninstall 1.1 and install 3.5 only as it supersedes 2.0

Which is the best case scenario of the list and is there a net framework clean up tool or something like that.

Dan

My computer is clean avast, mbam and sas never find anything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:13 PM

I would uninstall all versions of NET Framework currently installed...using Dotnetfix Cleanup Tools - http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive.live....leanup_tool.zip.

Then I would install the 3.5, SP1 download (which will include elements from 2.0 and 3.0), http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en.

Louis

#3 danjmilos

danjmilos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:40 PM

Louis,

Thank you for your help I now have 3.5 sp 1 installed and everything is working as before, my optical drives are working as they should. Had to be careful with the uninstall because net framework 1.0 is part of the XP MCE operating system and did not want to hurt it.

Dan

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:43 PM

Thanks for posting back, glad you were able to resolve it and thanks for the info about Framework 1.0 being part of MCE.

Happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users