Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VISTA Security Permissions for 1 of 4 Users is MESSED UP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Glanz

Glanz

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:45 PM

I have Vista Home Premium SP2 64BIT and the security permissions for just ONE user is messed up. We have 4 user accounts and for some reason, just ONE of the 4 users cannot access certain shared programs. When I try to reapply permissions to Drive C for everybody, it returns error messages for just that one user. I have also tried replacing all existing inheritable permissions on all decedents with inheritable permissions from this object and it also returns error messages for just the 1 of 4 users. The error messages say access is denied to files like: Zach/manifest.bin, Zach/permdata.box, etc. also I got the error message the ACL structure is invalid.

Microsoft sent me a DVD disk called an In-place Upgrade to repair Windows Vista, but I want to make sure from this forum that this in-place upgrade can fix this specific problem and won't create further problems or delete any of our user settings, programs or files because my computer is running perfectly fine except for the security permissions for just that ONE user. Can someone PLEASE advise if there is a way to reset security permissions for one-user or do I have to use the in-place upgrade disc and could the in-place upgrade delete or further cause more problems to our personal settings/files?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:51 PM

Why not to create new profile and delete corrupted one?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Glanz

Glanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

I tried creating a new profile, that 1 profile and all new profiles have security sharing issues/errors, but 3 profiles/user accounts are fine. Could it be VISTA registry line that could be causing it?

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:16 PM

Try here: http://www.vistax64.com/vista-security/744...cess-files.html

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users