Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media Center minimize/restore error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nicenic61

Nicenic61

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:45 AM

Folks,

Running XP Media Centre Edition service pack 3 (in the UK).

Hamluis kindly helped me restore my Media a few months ago so I can now watch tele when I'm computing.

However, now I can only have the tv either as full screen, or as completely minimized. There is no inbetween bit. When I click on the inbetween bit icon in the top right hand corner (don't know its correct name!) Media Centre flies off the right hand side of the screen and the minimized box appears on the lower toolbar. Clicking on the minimized toolbar bit pulls up the menu but it's either back to full screen or remain minimized, can't get it half screen or whatever so I can keep an eye on it in the corner when computing. It was working fine originally, had Media in a little corner of the screen.

Very frustrating! Only thing I can think of is that I tried to install a 22" widescreen monitor a while ago but had to return it since it was faulty so I'm back to the 15" but even when I mess with my ATi graphics card it doesn't seem to affect Media.

Any help would be appreciated, miss my daytime tv....d'oh.

Nicholas

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:47 PM

hi, sounds like a display setting got changed when you installed the big monitor ,right click on the desktop go properties /display , and change the display setting lower that what is is .one would think anyway !

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 Nicenic61

Nicenic61
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:45 AM

Hmmm, already tried that, I'm back to my original 800/600 resolution.

There is a history of media center problems with .Net stuff updates, think I might have to reload my media center again....

Nicholas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users