Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

On GPU temps and GPUZ

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Stacy Jamie

Stacy Jamie

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

3 Short Questions:

1. Is 75C normal for an Inno3d GTS 250 green operating on load (GPU Load: 100%, Mem Controller Load: 68%)?
- System has 4 case fans, everything stock cooled (no OC), and cpu is an athlon ii x2 250. PSU 600W and 1HDD and 1 DVDRW. All fans are spinning and clear of dust.

2. Idle temps are at 53C. Anyway, was wondering why my previous video card (ATI X1650) only had 55+C on load.

3. Is the engine used from HW Monitor the same as GPU-Z (i.e. they give the same results)? Or do I need to download HW Monitor for a 2nd opinion?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:07 PM

Not all programs that monitor motherboard sensors are created equal, nor are they exact.

You can download several programs that monitor the sensor outputs on the motherboard and find they are not showing the same exact results.

They do however give a close guess as to what they might be, but not with 100% accuracy.

Those programs such as speed fan and HWMonitor are not 100% accurate with their outputs.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 07 September 2010 - 01:48 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Stacy Jamie

Stacy Jamie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:23 PM

Thanks, Bruce.

Oh, I was referring to my GPU temp: 75C on load. CPU temp is at 43C. :thumbsup:

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:47 PM

Thanks, Bruce.

Oh, I was referring to my GPU temp: 75C on load. CPU temp is at 43C. :trumpet:

Sorry about that, once I went to reply to you I didn't realize you had the name of a video card next to the 73C. :flowers:

Please forgive my mistake. :thumbsup:

Do you have any problems with the video locking up or studdering at all?

Bruce.

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 Stacy Jamie

Stacy Jamie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:03 PM

Apart from the warm area in the case, there aren't any blackouts/restarts/stuttering/artifacts. Just never had a video card go that high in temp

#6 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:10 PM

Well our saying in the electronics repair trade is "if it works, don't try to fix it" :thumbsup:

I think you should be fine.

If there are no noticeable issues, I wouldn't worry, my Video card's processor ran hotter than yours, I decided to add an old Pentium III processor cooling fan to the heat sink of my GeForce 6200 and it still runs about 40 degrees C or 103 degrees F and I have no issues at my end.

Bruce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users