Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quarantined items in Norton not displayed and redetected

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aurhora

Aurhora

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:34 AM

Hi,

My problem started when running a full system Norton scan. Norton detected several items but only removed a few. The others (4, all Trojans) were all supposedly quarantined, however, none of the quarantined items appeared in the quarantine.

After browsing this website, I downloaded and ran Malware Bytes, which did not detect anything.

After that, I ran Norton again, and the same 4 Trojans were detected, again, and supposedly quarantined, again.
Posted Image

I would like to know how to remove these items (if they are in fact still there and Norton isn't being problematic).

Thanks for all your help!

Edited by Aurhora, 07 September 2010 - 09:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Driesiooo

Driesiooo

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:38 AM

Do you know the path of those infected files..?

Edited by Driesiooo, 07 September 2010 - 09:39 AM.

#3 Aurhora

Aurhora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:52 AM

The only thing I know is the short path directly before the file that you see in the screenshot.

I have tried doing a search for them on my computer using the search function, but no luck.

Is there any other way to procur the file path?

#4 Driesiooo

Driesiooo

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:56 AM

I see it are .class files.. They are mostly located in the Java cache.
Clean your Java cache and rerun the scan.

It can be Norton detected this files as infected but there is a possiblity it is a false-positive.

Edited by Driesiooo, 07 September 2010 - 09:59 AM.

#5 Aurhora

Aurhora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:33 PM

I just cleaned out the Java cache and am running a scan now. I will post when it's finished.

#6 Aurhora

Aurhora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:27 AM

After cleaning out the Java cache, I scanned again with Norton and did not pick up anything. Must have done the trick!

Thanks so much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users