Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Toolbar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 snoopsmom

snoopsmom

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:48 PM

Recently, on advice from this forum, I switched from IE to Firefox. I really like it, except for one thing...I can't seem to be able to adjust the width of the address and google spaces. I'd like the google search space to be larger than it is, but I can't find a way to do it. Am I missing something basic here? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:03 AM

I don't know of any easy way to do this, but this is how I did it:

Start by installing ChromEdit from Mozilla Update. Then restart Firefox.

Now under tools you will find a option to Edit User Files.
Looks like this:
Posted Image

Now copy this:
/* Make the Search box flex wider */  
#searchbar {  
-moz-box-flex: 400 !important;  
}  
#search-container {  
-moz-box-flex: 400 !important;  
}
And paste it to the last line under the userChrome.css tab.

It should now look like this:
Posted Image
Changing the number 400 changes the width of the searchbox.

Then click save and restart Firefox.
Now you should have an noticable wider searchbox. You can always open the userChrome again and change it to something smaller or wider if you want to.

Hope I made any sense. :thumbsup:
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users