Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to get scratches off

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nicole Alzamora

Nicole Alzamora

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:01 PM

How do you get scratches off around the laptop screen? Any Home Remedies will the stuff called Scratch Off, work? Thanks?

:thumbsup: :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:35 PM

When you say "around" the screen, do you mean the bezel surround around the edge of the LCD, or do you mean various locations across the surface of the LCD screen itself?

If it's the LCD screen surface, this has specific optical properties, so the only thing I can think of that might be possibly successful is the stuff to repair scratches on LCD and DVD discs.

For the bezel, where these are injection moulded plastic with a surface finish like metallic silver or piano black, scratching through to the underlying plastic is tricky to dress up. Sometimes a plastic (eg PVC) paint such as used in crafts might help, but it will always look patched.

Nothing abrasive like a polish will help in either case, it will make it worse.

Edited by Platypus, 06 September 2010 - 08:37 PM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:42 PM

Step 1. Get rid of a cat :thumbsup:

Just kidding, but i got curious and did some search.
The very first hit: http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Scratch-on-an-LCD-Screen

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:46 PM

LOL. I'm reminded of LOLCAT type videos of cats pawing at moving images (birds, fish) on LCD screens...

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 Nicole Alzamora

Nicole Alzamora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:24 PM

lol :thumbsup: Cats, But I'll try the fix stuff yes that's what I ment around the LCD Screen no scratches on it, Cause one time I took something to clean it and the rag i had was a little rough I think that's why it got scratched thanks, I just like to keep this laptop nice and clean looking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users